Camino Real — March 20-22, 2015
Tickets for Camino Real go on sale September 1, 2014.
A WORLD PREMIERE
Choreography by Helen Pickett
Live with the Atlanta Ballet Orchestra
Kilroy is coming…For her fourth work andfirst full-evening ballet for Atlanta Ballet, Helen Pickett brings the world premiere of Camino Real. Inspired by the 1953 Tennessee Williams play of the same name, the story is told from the perspective of Kilroy, a character based on patriotic iconography from the WWII-era. The work grapples with human mortality, the burning desire to connect, and the will to live. Atlanta Ballet has commissioned a brand new score for this full-evening ballet, which will be performed live by the Atlanta Ballet Orchestra. Let yourself be pulled into a mind-twisting yet poignant program with Camino Real.
‘We can all look at these plays and recognize the things we do to ourselves. We cringe, we laugh, and we have that moment of recognition...’
– Helen Pickett in a January 2014 Creative Loafing article
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre is the first major performing arts facility built in metro Atlanta in four decades.
Location and Parking
The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre is located in northwest Atlanta near the junction of I-75 and I-285, at the intersection of Cobb Galleria Parkway and Akers Mill Road. Self parking is available on site for a $6 fee, and valet parking is available for select performances for a $10 fee.
Emergency Phone Number
(770) 916-2911 is the 24-hour public safety number for the Cobb Energy Centre. Please leave your seat location with your babysitter or answering service so that the house manager may find you in case of an emergency.
The venue is ADA compliant. Designated seats in various locations are available for guests with disabilities and those needing special assistance. The venue is equipped with wheelchair accessible courtesy phones, elevators, plaza ramps, wheelchair accessible ticket windows, and wheelchair accessible drinking fountains. For more information, please call (770) 916-2800.
Community and Corporate Group Tickets
It only takes 10 people to benefit from Atlanta Ballet's Group Sales program. With our fast, friendly and convenient service, you can secure the best seats in the house in no time at all. For more information or to reserve your group's seats today, contact Myredith Gonzales, Group Sales Manager, by one of the easy methods below.
||404.873.5811 ext 207
||404.874.4873, Attention: Group Sales
1695 Marietta Boulevard NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Group Benefits include:
- Priority seating at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre and the Fabulous Fox Theatre
- Discounts of up to 30% for select performances and special access to tickets not available to the general public
- One-time $10 service fee, no matter how large your order
- Flexible payment options
- VIP opportunities such as backstage tours and dancer meet-and-greets (nominal fees apply)
- Personal VIP service from our outstanding staff including presentation and marketing materials on the program of your choice. Assistance with restaurant and hotel reservations, transportation options, pre/post-show receptions and tours of the Cobb Energy Centre/Fox Theatre are also available at your request.
Born in San Diego, Helen Pickett danced with William Forsythe’s Ballet Frankfurt for 11 years. In 2005, Helen received her first choreographic commission, Etesian, from Mikko Nissinen, Director of Boston Ballet. She was awarded the Fellowship Initiative Grant by New York Choreographic Institute in 2006. In the same year and through 2008, Helen choreographed for Boston Ballet, Washington Ballet, Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, Louisville Ballet, and Ballet X. In 2007, Dance Magazine named Helen one of “25 to Watch.” From 2009 through 2011, Helen created new ballets for Royal Ballet of Flanders, Ballet West, Boston Ballet (two premieres), Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, Atlanta Ballet, and Dance Theatre of Harlem. In 2012 and 2013, her commissions include Atlanta Ballet, Dresden Ballet, Vienna State Opera, and Smuin Ballet. In 2009, Helen was one of the first choreographers to receive the Jerome Robbins Foundation’s New Essential Works Grant. As an actress and choreographer, she has collaborated with The Wooster Group and with installation video artists and filmmakers who include Eve Sussman, Toni Dove, and Laurie Simmons. In 2011, Helen earned a Master of Fine Arts in Dance from Hollins University. 2013 marked the beginning of Helen’s choreographer in residence position with Atlanta Ballet! Please visit helenpickett.com for more information on Helen Pickett and her work.