Pinocchio — February 15-16, 2014 at 2pm
One-hour family ballet
A wooden puppet carved from pine, Pinocchio’s only wish was to become a real boy. Follow the hapless Pinocchio on his quest as he overcomes obstacles and proves that dreams can come true. A charming one-hour family ballet performed by the Atlanta Ballet Fellowship Ensemble.
Recommended for children ages 12 and under.
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre is the first major performing arts facility built in metro Atlanta in four decades.
Location and Parking
The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre is located in northwest Atlanta near the junction of I-75 and I-285, at the intersection of Cobb Galleria Parkway and Akers Mill Road. Self parking is available on site for a $6 fee, and valet parking is available for select performances for a $10 fee.
Emergency Phone Number
(770) 916-2911 is the 24-hour public safety number for the Cobb Energy Centre. Please leave your seat location with your babysitter or answering service so that the house manager may find you in case of an emergency.
The venue is ADA compliant. Designated seats in various locations are available for guests with disabilities and those needing special assistance. The venue is equipped with wheelchair accessible courtesy phones, elevators, plaza ramps, wheelchair accessible ticket windows, and wheelchair accessible drinking fountains. For more information, please call (770) 916-2800.
Community and Corporate Group Tickets
It only takes 10 people to benefit from Atlanta Ballet's Group Sales program. With our fast, friendly and convenient service, you can secure the best seats in the house in no time at all. For more information or to reserve your group's seats today, contact Myredith Gonzales, Group Sales Manager, by one of the easy methods below.
||404.873.5811 ext 207
||404.874.4873, Attention: Group Sales
1695 Marietta Boulevard NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Group benefits include:
- Priority seating at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre and the Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Discounts of up to 30% for select performances and special access to tickets not available to the general public.
- One-time $10 service fee, no matter how large your order.
- Flexible payment options.
- VIP opportunities such as backstage tours and dancer meet-and-greets (nominal fees apply).
- Personal VIP service from our outstanding staff, including presentation and marketing materials on the program of your choice. Assistance with restaurant and hotel reservations, transportation options, pre/post-show receptions and tours of the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre/The Fabulous Fox Theatre are also available at your request.
Very disappointed with this years show. It really needed some adults. In past shows the adults have provided much "comic
relief" with goofy dancing or other funny antics. Don't think the "children only" cast was able of providing any of that.
Some of the children in the audience were probably too young to really understand the story and certainly not the moral. But with some amusing scenes & a better narrator the show would have been funny if not totally understandable
Bright and Entertaining
Pinocchio was one of the most entertaining children's ballet that I have seen. The costumes were colorful and eye-catching, and the performers drew us into Pinocchio's world with their expressive dancing. Thank you for providing us with a wonderful performance for children of all ages!
Great show for all kids
My son and daughter really enjoyed this ballet. It was funny and colorful and kept their attention for the duration.
With the recommended ages 12 and under I feel the Underwater scene was too long of a "mature" ballet for those ages. When I was in the audience many young children were fidgeting, restless, and whining to parents during that scene. Children need more acting, amusing scenes so they can laugh and be engaged. The narrator "story teller" was not recognized by the children as maybe expected.
My suggestion is: shortening lengthy scenes, more fun physical ballet to WOW the children with plenty of amusing acting.
This performance was beautifully done and so appropriate for children. My (very wiggly) 8 year old son was engaged the whole performance, but it's not just for the younger set. Our family including his grandparents enjoyed the whole experience. We will definitely seek out other children's performances!
Show All 6 Reviews