Assistant Technical Director / Lighting Supervisor
Atlanta Ballet, one of the premier dance companies in the country and the official State Ballet of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Technical Director/ Lighting Supervisor. Atlanta Ballet produces new works and classical favorites by both emerging and established international choreographers. Atlanta Ballet performs at various venues located in the metro Atlanta area.
The Assistant Technical Director is a full-time exempt position that (in conjunction with the Technical Director) manages all aspects of the production from pre-production to load out. This includes providing inventory and venue drawings to the designer(s), cross-referencing with Lighting and Sound drawings to check for conflicts, and managing the show’s needs during rehearsals, tech, previews, run, and load-out.
Assist Technical Director in:
- Determine lighting power requirements for all Atlanta Ballet productions, based on lighting supervisor information, and prepare necessary lighting paperwork.
- Building of equipment and effects; practicals
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments during prep weeks to allow for smooth load in/out
- Maintain Atlanta Ballet’s electric shop, lighting equipment, including the purchase of all lighting related materials.
- Maintain and make necessary repairs to large inventory of touring lighting equipment
- Prepare Lightwright paperwork for all dimming and addresses, cable runs, patching and control using a combination of touring gear and house gear/dimmer
- Assist with loading in and out of warehouse
- Prepare all color, templates, accessories, as well as pre-hang show in shop for touring to venues
- Supervision of crews for load in/load out, show runs, truck packs, hang and strike of lighting gear
Coordinate with guest artists, and event staff to ensure successful production of events.
This is a year-round position with benefits and salary range of $42,000 – $52,000. Candidates must be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
Please send resume and cover letter to: HRinfo@atlantaballet.com. No calls. Interviews will be held beginning in June for an August start date. EOE.