TITLE: Boutique Merchandise Manager
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Dean, Centre for Dance Education
The Boutique Merchandise Manager is responsible for the evaluations, purchasing and selling strategy of dancewear and giftware in retail and online stores and theatre venues, working with, and supporting the Boutique Retail Operations Manager. In-theatre responsibilities will be shared by the Boutique Merchandise Manager and the Boutique Retail Operations Manager.
- Identify and purchase profitable dancewear and giftware items to be sold in retail and online stores and theatre venues.
- Attend appropriate gift and dancewear trade shows to evaluate and purchase product. Some travel is involved.
- Develop and produce all custom goods in apparel and giftware, as approved by marketing and artistic leadership.
- Maintain a purchase order system for tracking goods from order through to receiving, invoicing, and payment.
- Work with the Boutique Retail Operations Manager on receiving and inventorying goods, assigning Atlanta Ballet SKUs for tracking through sale. Updating and uploading inventory data to POS platform.
- Collaborate with Boutique Retail Operations Manager to ensure effective coverage of public performance sales dates (including Holidays) and Centre for Dance Education Spring Concert.
- Invoice reconciliations/ receivables management: Submit invoices as received, working with accounting to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Work closing with Atlanta Ballet’s Centre for Dance Education and Marketing staff to set strategies and optimize sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive understanding and experience in merchandise buying. From supply chain management, inventory control, strong negotiation skills and experience with working with not just U.S companies but also international retail companies.
- Extensive knowledge of Dancewear retail. Having previous experience with a Dance related institute is highly recommended. Strong knowledge of shoe fittings from flats to pointe shoes.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, etc.
- Proficiency with POS systems, preferably NCR Silver. Must be comfortable and proficient with using Box-office/ Retail Platform technology.
- Extensive knowledge of retail dancewear and shoes, including shoe fittings.
- Ability to be work collaboratively intra- and inter-departmentally.
- Creative initiative to drive sales.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Merchandise buying and Supply Chain Management Experience is mandatory.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in ballet and the performing arts is also a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Atlanta Ballet provides a competitive and equitable compensation package with salary estimated in the range of $47,000 - $52,000. Employee benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays; health, long-term disability, life insurance; and a voluntary 403(b) retirement plan.
Applications and Inquiries
Please contact HRinfo@atlantaballet.com for inquires and to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Atlanta Ballet’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals are to reflect the diversity of its community more fully; for performances to attract and resonate with Atlanta’s diverse communities; for everyone who works at Atlanta Ballet to feel valued for the contributions and competencies; and for everyone in the Atlanta Ballet community to have a sense of belonging, regardless of race, color, gender, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, religion, or sexual orientation.