We are seeking to fill the positions of Summer Chaperone for the Summer Intensive Programs. The chaperone will participate in many aspects of the summer intensives and summer housing. This is a part-time/on-call position. Must be available from Saturday, June 17 through Friday, July 21. See below for detailed start and end dates.
* Chaperone Arrival Date: Saturday, June 17
* Dorm Student Check In: Sunday, June 18 at 10am-4pm
* Dorm Check Out: Friday, July 21 by 9pm
As a summer chaperone, you will be reporting to the Head Chaperone and Centre Programs Manager during your time of employment. As a chaperone, you are responsible for not only being a resident assistant to the students in the dorm but supervising all the students in the program at the Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre during program hours. You are always “on call” but will work a rotating schedule with your fellow chaperones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with check-in and check-out at the Georgia Tech dormitories
- Maintain accurate attendance of resident students for each day arriving and departing from classes
- Inform the Head Chaperone and Centre Programs Manager of any issues that may arise at the dormitories and Centre – this includes but is not limited to injuries, illnesses, and inappropriate behavior
- Supervise and assist with setup of breakfast & lunch time at the Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre
- Transport resident students to doctor appointments as needed
- Supervise evening and weekend activities
- Plan activities and events for dorm students to promote a fun, welcoming experience
- Ensure the safety of all Intensive students
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
In addition to your weekly pay, you will be provided room and meals at the Georgia Tech dormitories. If you drive students to and from Atlanta Ballet approved events and/or appointments, you will be reimbursed at the federal travel reimbursement rate. As a bonus, you may participate in select technique classes. Please note that these classes should not conflict with your chaperone responsibilities and you may not participate in the final show.
The ideal candidate will have previous chaperone or resident assistant/camp counselor experience. They will have an interest in dance and ballet and work well with parents and children. A candidate with a car is a plus.
Please e-mail resume and reference to Ansilla at Abearden@atlantaballet.com. No phone calls, please.
Atlanta Ballet is an equal opportunity employer