TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT & BOARD LIAISON
STATUS: FTE, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive and Artistic Directors
ORIGINAL DATE: 7/2022
REVISION DATE: 5/2023
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $45,000 annually, plus comprehensive benefits
Founded in 1929, Atlanta Ballet is one of the premier dance companies in the country and the official State Ballet of Georgia. Atlanta Ballet's eclectic repertoire spans ballet history, highlighted by beloved classics and inventive originals. After 92 years, Atlanta Ballet continues its commitment to share and educate audiences on the empowering joy of dance.
The Atlanta Ballet is seeking an Executive Assistant & Board Liaison to support the Executive and Artistic Directors as well as serve as the primary steward for Atlanta Ballet’s Board of Trustees. The position will have dual reporting to the Executive and Artistic Directors, and work closely with the Board Chair and Secretary.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for multi-tasking across all core administrative functions of both the Administrative and Artistic departments, presentation support and special projects. In addition, the Executive Assistant acts as a liaison across the organization to facilitate exchange of key information and ensuring that the leadership team of the Atlanta Ballet functions effectively on a daily basis.
- Coordinate flow of communications and materials for the Executive and Artistic Directors, including scheduling, drafting correspondence, reviewing and coordinating approval of materials.
- Manage projects and call lists and ensure that priority projects are completed in a timely manner and a high-quality level.
- Manage the Directors’ calendars, ensuring meetings and events are scheduled, notated and appointments confirmed. Ensure that in-house meetings for guests are appropriately set up and cleared.
- Prepare travel arrangements, anticipating the Directors’ schedules.
- Manage administrative functions including expense reports, office supplies, subscriptions and files.
- Develop detailed research briefings and meeting preparation materials on prospective and current supporters, constituents and collaborators to support the Directors.
- Schedule Board and Committee meetings, prepare and distribute meeting materials and ensure that appropriate follow-up is scheduled.
- Ensure that Board history, lists, census, meeting attendance and other Board-related materials are current. Prepare meeting minutes for all Board of Trustee and Finance Committee meetings in a timely and effective manner. Ensure Board meeting invitations and agendas are prepared and distributed in a timely manner.
- Track and manage Directors’ expense budgets and reports. Process and track purchase orders and reconcile monthly budget and expense reports.•Assist Board of Trustees and other constituents with requests for special assistance.
- Work with colleagues in the Advancement and Marketing departments to maintain Tessitura database; promote best practices, including list management and support functions.
- Periodic special event work, supporting AB Board of Trustees and major fundraising and other events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Two years administrative/executive assistant experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
- Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are essential; including the ability to always maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
- High level of proficiency related to all core administrative functions, including computer proficiency with expertise in Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience with donor database management and on-line research.
- Capacity to develop strong CRM skills with the Tessitura database is essential.
- Strong self-motivation and self-initiative; ability to take direction, as well as work independently on multiple projects and balance priorities.
- Proven ability to handle numerous details with appropriate follow up and reporting activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with a broad range of constituents, including Trustee, major donors, artists, staff and patrons in a professional environment.
- Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Experience or knowledge of ballet preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Atlanta Ballet provides a competitive and equitable compensation package with salary estimated in the range of $40,000 – $45,000. Employee benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays; health, long-term disability, life insurance; and a voluntary 403(b) retirement plan.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
Applications and Inquiries
Please contact HRinfo@atlantaballet.com for inquires and to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Atlanta Ballet’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals are to reflect the diversity of its community more fully; for performances to attract and resonate with Atlanta’s diverse communities; for everyone who works at Atlanta Ballet to feel valued for the contributions and competencies; and for everyone in the Atlanta Ballet community to have a sense of belonging, regardless of race, color, gender, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, religion or sexual orientation.