TITLE: Membership Coordinator
STATUS: FTE, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of the Annual Fund
SALARY RANGE: $37,000 - $40,000 annually
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for effective support and coordination for annual fund services including managing a portfolio of donors as assigned, recording gifts and pledges, preparing acknowledgements and charitable gift receipts, supporting income producing activity for the annual fund, and supporting coordination of donor engagement events.
Annual Fund and Individual Giving – 50%
- Support activities and tasks associated with annual fund gifts up to $10,000, including direct response and social media campaigns; gathering assets for appeals, inputting copy and images into MailChimp CMS, supporting list and segmentation management, and testing and deploying campaigns.
- Support activities and tasks associated with donor communication series including eNewsletters, and special campaign communication, etc.
- Manage activities and tasks associated with pulling donor lists for playbills and other sources of recognition.
- Develop and execute a calendar plan to engage new members and retain current members through membership renewal.
- Maintain security, accuracy, and integrity of Tessitura database with regular maintenance.
Donor Engagement – 25%
- Support tasks and activities associated with donor engagement events related to the Annual Fund, including but not limited to print and digital invitations, guest list and RSVP coordination, sponsor recognition and benefits, event timelines and status reports, event logistics, venue, equipment, catering, vendor coordination, etc.
- Support planning and implementation of 6 or more events per season for the En Pointe Society, Atlanta Ballet’s young donor program.
- Maintain the Advancement team social media campaign calendar, working with the Social Media Manager to schedule and execute Advancement posts.
- Provide on-site event support including set up, strike and AV coordination.
- Provide support and assist the Special Events team as needed.
Advancement Services – 25%
- Record gifts and pledges for the Annual Fund, along with preparation and distribution of acknowledgements and charitable receipts.
- Coordinate and distribute routine performance reports.
- Support agenda and materials preparation for departmental/inter-departmental meetings.
- Coordinate monthly credit card reconciliation for the Director of Annual Fund.
- Assist the Chief Advancement Officer as needed.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience coordinating events that build community among donors, prospects, and volunteers
- Experience working with Trustees and key stakeholders and maintaining discretion regarding private donor information
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to craft clear and compelling appeals
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on designing and implementing new projects
- Fearlessness in regard to making phone calls to members or donors
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A positive, outgoing, friendly, team-oriented attitude with an internal drive to meet and exceed goals
- “Go-getter” who proactively thinks of solutions to problems and thrives on anticipating and helping others with their needs
- Professional demeanor with a customer service background, particularly in a front facing capacity
- Knowledge of or strong interest in ballet and the performing arts is also a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, with two to three years professional experience in Development/Advancement services
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in CRM Software, with previous experience in Tessitura required
- Digitally literate in ability to navigate websites, interact with web-based applications, and search
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to attend evening cultivation events and performances; weekend work is required during the season (September to May)
- Physical ability to lift up to 10 pounds or more at times
Salary range is $37,000-40,000 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to HRinfo@atlantaballet.com for consideration.
Atlanta Ballet believes that diversity, equity, inclusion, and access are critical to our success and growth as an institution as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain uniquely qualified and talented candidates from a diverse pool. Our goal is to be reflective, both onstage and off, and at all job levels, of the audiences we engage. Atlanta Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.