Title: Senior Manager of Marketing & Sales Strategy
STATUS: FTE, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
ORIGINAL DATE: 9/2023
REVISION DATE: 9/2023
SALARY RANGE: 50,000 – 53,000 annually, plus comprehensive benefits
Founded in 1929, Atlanta Ballet is one of the premier dance companies in the country and the official State Ballet of Georgia. Atlanta Ballet's eclectic repertoire spans ballet history, highlighted by beloved classics and inventive originals. After 92 years, Atlanta Ballet continues its commitment to share and educate audiences on the empowering joy of dance.
The Manager of Marketing & Sales Strategy is responsible for leading and implementing sales and marketing strategy focused on revenue growth and patron retention for both the Company and the Centre for Dance Education. The position reports to the CMO to support overall marketing programs, as well as secondary report to the Director of IT and Sales Operations to ensure all ticketing systems and tools are in place for the patron services team to execute sales plans.
- Responsible for leading campaign sales strategy for performances as well as assisting with Centre for Dance Education (CDE) marketing programs.
- Analyze sales patterns and pacing, campaign results and ticket history to build learnings and optimize results.
- Continually explore best practices for data mining and patron behaviors to inform marketing strategies and identify new strategies to maximize earned patron revenue.
- Create and manage pricing and inventory strategies for all performances.
- Report tickets sales on weekly basis
- Create performance specifics sales campaign plans focused on revenue growth and patron retention.
- Research industry trends to develop new strategies to increase earned revenue growth.
- Write strategy briefs for performance and subscription sales campaigns against all targeted audiences and aligned with overall campaign direction.
- Act as strategy lead and point of contact for group sales program, including working with travel and tourism partners to maintain discount ticketing programs.
- Oversee telemarketing campaigns working with outbound calling vendors to oversee strategy aligns with sales and retention goals.
- Coordinate and implement execution against strategies across marketing channels including direct mail, email, social media, paid digital, and traditional advertising.
- Manage patron data extraction and lead acquisition for all campaigns.
- Assist with the conceptualization and development of institutional and performance brands and communications.
- Assist with conceptualization and development of overall marketing strategies and institutional marketing.
- Participate as a member of the marketing team supporting cooperative interdepartmental activities.
- Collaborate with Centre, Sales Operations and Advancement teams on integrated marketing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Under the guidance of the Chief Marketing Officer –
- Adhere to the departmental budget, managing expenses as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of Tessitura.
- Minimum 5-years of event sales and marketing experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions including Microsoft Office Products.
- Prospect 2 a plus.
The Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales Strategy reports to the CMO with secondary reporting to the Director of IT and Sales Operations.
Compensation and Benefits
Atlanta Ballet provides a competitive and equitable compensation package with salary estimated in the range of $50,000 – 53,000. Employee benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays; health, long-term disability, life insurance; and a voluntary 403(b) retirement plan.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
Applications and Inquiries
Please contact HRinfo@atlantaballet.com for inquires and to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Atlanta Ballet believes that diversity, equity, inclusion, and access are critical to our success and growth as an institution as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain uniquely qualified and talented candidates from a diverse pool. Our goal is to be reflective, both onstage and off, and at all job levels, of the audiences we engage. Atlanta Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.