May 22, 2013
Atlanta Ballet is proud to announce that Allen Nelson, chairman of the Atlanta Ballet Board of Trustees, has been named a recipient of the 2013 Revolutions Award for outstanding leadership on a nonprofit board by the Georgia Center for Nonprofits (GCN).
Allen Nelson with his 2013 Revolutions Award.
Nelson, who is also the Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary & Chief Administrative Officer for Crawford & Co, has served on the Atlanta Ballet board since 2006.
In addition to completing the largest and most successful capital campaign in Atlanta Ballet history, the organization has achieved several other milestones during his tenure, including:
• Sale of Atlanta Ballet‘s former building
• Grand opening of the Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre
• Return of the Atlanta Ballet Orchestra
• Five campaign gifts of $1 million or more, including two record-setting single gifts
• Critical investments for artistic programming, such as Twyla Tharp’s The Princess and the Goblin
• Expansion of the endowment
• Establishment of a cash reserve fund
• Establishment of an artistic innovation fund
Nelson is one of three recipients of the 2013 Revolutions Awards, sponsored by Warren Averett + GH&I. Awards were presented May 21st during the annual Nonprofit Awards Luncheon at the Nonprofit Summit 2013. This annual event brings Georgia's nonprofit community together with thought leaders, content experts, leading funders, and resource solution providers for two days to gain insights, get inspired, build skills, and expand networks. Summit 2013 introduces a fresh mix of program formats — featuring Ignite presentations, BreakThrough and Solve-It sessions, Funder Roundtables, networking events, Nonprofit Expo, and GCN's new “30 Under 30” program.