Centre for Dance Education Summer Intensive Chaperone
We are seeking to fill the positions of Summer Chaperone for the Summer Intensive Programs. The chaperone will participate in many aspects of the summer intensives and summer housing. This is a part-time/on-call position. Must be available from Saturday, June 22nd through Saturday, July 27th. See below for detailed start and end dates.
* Chaperone Arrival Date: Saturday, June 22nd
* Dorm Student Check In: Sunday, June 23rd at 10am-4pm
* Dorm Check Out: Saturday, July 27th by 12pm
As a summer chaperone, you will be reporting to the Centre Programs Manager and Centre Dean during your time of employment. As a chaperone, you are responsible for not only being a resident assistant to the students in the dorm but supervising all the students in the program at the Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre during program hours. You are always “on call” but will work a rotating daily studio schedule with your fellow chaperones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the check-in and check-out process at the Georgia Tech dormitories (required attendance for all chaperones)
- Maintain accurate attendance of resident students for each day arriving and departing from the dorms as well as any student check-outs for family outings
- Perform nightly curfew checks of assigned students
- Inform the Centre Programs Manager of any issues that may arise at the dormitories and Centre – this includes but is not limited to injuries, illnesses, and inappropriate behavior
- Supervise and assist with setup of mealtimes at the Michael C. Carlos Dance Centre as needed
- Transport resident students to doctor appointments as needed (reimbursement provided for mileage)
- Supervise evening and weekend activities
- Plan activities and events for dorm students to promote a fun, welcoming experience
- Ensure the safety of all Intensive students
- Communicate with parents/guardians as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Program Manager or Centre Dean
In addition to your weekly pay, you will be provided room and meals at the Georgia Tech dormitories. If you drive students to and from Atlanta Ballet approved events and/or appointments, you will be reimbursed at the federal travel reimbursement rate. As a bonus, you may participate in select technique classes. Please note that these classes should not conflict with your chaperone responsibilities, and you may not participate in the final show.
The ideal candidate will have previous chaperone, resident assistant/camp counselor, or teaching experience and a flexible schedule during the program. They will have an interest in the arts and communicate well with both parents and children, ages 12 - 18. A candidate with a car is a plus, but not required. Background checks will be required of all chaperones before beginning work.
Please e-mail resume and reference to Ansilla at Abearden@atlantaballet.com. No phone calls, please.
Atlanta Ballet is an equal opportunity employer